Friday, August 10, 2007

GOING FORWARDS

Today, we did a read through of the entire show. The cast even sang all the music after only three days. It went really well. You know why this is a favorite Sondheim for so many people? The show is moving, funny, and full of great songs. The cast did a great job just jumping in.

I took notes throughout the read through for staging purposes, and I have ideas about shuffling some line assignments around. I also sat there thinking about how much work we have to do in the next two weeks before we start tech!

After the reading, we started work on the prologue to the show. It’s like a puzzle with 14 people and 29 steps! Tomorrow, we will start with the last scene in the show and work backwards to build the emotional journey of the show. It will be terrific to start working one on one with the actors now.

-ES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home