TOWN MEETING
Today we met all the characters of Eastwick. And we learned their backstories. In an effort to familiarize the cast with the town and their roles, I made a map for everyone to see where they live and who their neighbor is.
For the town meeting, I had everyone write down three adjectives to describe their character. I then asked the cast to throw them all into a pot. One by one, a cast member pulled out a card and then tried to guess who the character was. It was great for building the energy of the town and finding out the characters’ secrets. And let me tell you, there are some really good secrets. Ask Sherri Edelen as the preacher's wife! All of this information will now be used as we build the production numbers. We can add more layers to them —another great aspect of the entire company playing the same character throughout the entire play.
I can’t wait for you all to discover all the little secrets.
-ES

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home