Friday, January 20, 2006

Recuperating

Well, we had a great opening night of Nevermore with a terrific party. The audience response has really been amazing and the critical response has been very good as well, so everyone’s really happy. The show’s almost sold-out for its entire run, which is so exciting and encouraging for new musicals and new work in our city. Matt and Grace are very pleased with the end result and are already at work on their next collaboration for Signature — a commissioned musical about the Underground Railroad. I gave them a first draft deadline of September, so they need to hit the ground running.

I'm looking forward to getting back into town and seeing the show over the weekend. The production and audience reports have been great. There wasn't much time to stop after the opening as I immediately began casting for Barbie on Tuesday in NYC and the news that we’re working on a quiet reading of Bounce at The Public Theatre for the beginning of February leaked out. Both projects are taking time to organize and prepare for, which is my way of saying I’ll be cutting back on my number of postings to the blog. We’ll continue with weekly show updates as well as share info on the progress our new building in Shirlington Village. In late February, Michael Baron, our director for The Sex Habits of American Women, will start sharing reports on his rehearsal progress to give our audiences insight into the creative process.

—ES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home