OTHER 'WORLDLY'

All I can say at this point is… WOW!
I think we achieved our goal of blowing the musical theater roof off of the
To work with and hear the voices of Tituss Berguss (his “Flying Home” is a religious experience), Laura Griffith (her vulnerability in “Christmas Lullaby” is beautiful) Brian d’Arcy James ( singing “She Cries” he becomes the audience’s best friend), and Alice Ripley (a force of nature singing “Flagmaker” and just hysterical with “Surabaya Santa”) everyday in an intimate rehearsal hall was unbelievable. But then to bring the production to such a grand venue as the Music Center at Strathmore only made the material soar even higher.
I don’t usually use this much hyperbole, but it’s not often you get to work on something like this. And as for Jason, my respect for his talent and generosity has only grown. He is a genius songwriter and I encourage everyone, if you have the chance, to see his work. And if he’s on piano, as he is for this show, do not miss it.
- Michael Baron, Signature's Artistic Associate and SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD Director

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home