Friday, August 17, 2007

DID SOMEONE SAY “WHORE?”

Well, this doesn’t have to do with MERRILY, but on Tuesday, August 21, we're doing a private, in-house reading of BEST LITTLE WHOREHOUSE IN TEXAS. When we were doing WITCHES, I told Sherri Edelen that we needed to see her on the Signature stage again - it had been to long. SIDE SHOW, TELL ME ON A SUNDAY, URINETOWN and the list goes on. She has done so many great shows with us. You can't ask for a better company member to spend rehearsal time or a laugh with. So I asked what she'd like to do. And she said without a thought, "Miss Mona in WHOREHOUSE." (Years back, I went out and doctored the Ann Margaret production of WHOREHOUSE while it was on the road.) So I said, “Let's do it. First a reading and then let’s make plans to do the production.”

So this coming Tuesday, we'll hear Sherri and her husband-to-be Tom Simpson as the Sherriff. I'm really looking forward to it.

I called WHOREHOUSE author Carol Hall about some changes we did on the road. So we're going to do the same version here including a new song she wrote. She said, "Eric I'd love to come hear it too!" So Carol will join us.

We have a fun cast ranging from Chris Bloch, Ed Dixon, Harry Winter, Erin Driscoll, Stephen Gregory Smith, Matt Conner, and a whole great line of whores!

I'll let you know how it goes. We’re all excited about it. Nothing beats a good old hoedown!

-ES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home