Tech: Part One
MY FAIR LADY Day 19
September 19, 2006
Yesterday we really got into the trenches! We began tech at 1:00, well actually, it was more like 2:30 once everyone got into their costumes and wigs, and then we began. It’s always an exciting time in the process when the various elements get put together — everyone was walking around oohing and ahhing. We did really well yesterday adding the elements together and got much further than I anticipated. Of course, there’s always one thing that’s a hang up and ours turned out to be a ladder that’s part of the set. Between its curved track and the girders and the portals in the set it proved to be a major headache. We spent last evening’s production meeting looking at options of what else we could do to make it work as the current design needs to be altered. I’ll have to change some staging to accommodate the new ladder. That’s what tech becomes all about — compromise and figuring out problems. I’m sure there will be more to be solved on day two.
— ES
September 19, 2006
Yesterday we really got into the trenches! We began tech at 1:00, well actually, it was more like 2:30 once everyone got into their costumes and wigs, and then we began. It’s always an exciting time in the process when the various elements get put together — everyone was walking around oohing and ahhing. We did really well yesterday adding the elements together and got much further than I anticipated. Of course, there’s always one thing that’s a hang up and ours turned out to be a ladder that’s part of the set. Between its curved track and the girders and the portals in the set it proved to be a major headache. We spent last evening’s production meeting looking at options of what else we could do to make it work as the current design needs to be altered. I’ll have to change some staging to accommodate the new ladder. That’s what tech becomes all about — compromise and figuring out problems. I’m sure there will be more to be solved on day two.
— ES

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home