I saw Ace last night and enjoyed it. It was one of the most inventive shows I have seen in a long time. Still needs to be trimmed and could use a good love song. Performances, especially by the children and the women, are great. The show had so many people in tears -- it was hard not to feel engaged in the story and connected with the characters. I read the Washington Post review this morning (after seeing the show) and wondered if the critic had seen a different show. You have to have a hard heart not to like the show or feel moved by the show -- or connect with the story. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to see a show that I hope someday (with a little more work) will be a big Broadway hit.
Signature Theatre is a theatrical force renowned for reinventing classic musicals and inventing new voices. Combining Broadway-quality productions with an intimate playing space, Signature provides experiences that are moving and genuine, gutsy and surprising.
Signature Speaks is a forum for audiences to receive rare, insightful behind-the-scenes information on current and upcoming Signature projects and happenings.
1 Comments:
I saw Ace last night and enjoyed it. It was one of the most inventive shows I have seen in a long time. Still needs to be trimmed and could use a good love song. Performances, especially by the children and the women, are great. The show had so many people in tears -- it was hard not to feel engaged in the story and connected with the characters. I read the Washington Post review this morning (after seeing the show) and wondered if the critic had seen a different show. You have to have a hard heart not to like the show or feel moved by the show -- or connect with the story. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to see a show that I hope someday (with a little more work) will be a big Broadway hit.
By
Anonymous, at 1:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home