Saturday, May 19, 2007

DANCING WITH DARRYL

Today we finished “Dance with the Devil” which is a bear of a number with all the choreography. The best was when Ilona Dulaski said to me, “I haven’t danced like this since I was 25!” She said her husband had a hot bath waiting for her upon her arrival Friday evening after rehearsals. I thought how great! The number had us laughing about how outrageous it became.

We also staged a new number, “My Wildest Dreams,” that works so great. Emily sounds terrific on the number and it makes each of Darryl's seductions a new world to conquer. We're gearing toward getting the whole second act on its feet and I hope to be able to finish it by Tuesday morning.

One week from today we begin tech. It’s a bit nerve racking. In London, we had six weeks of rehearsal and three weeks of tech alone. Here at Signature, we have four weeks to do both. It's tight, but everyone is working hard and it’s all getting in their bodies now.

The one thing I know for sure is that this show is unlike anything else out there. And that's so exciting.

-ES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home