Friday, March 30, 2007

ANOTHER BREAKTHROUGH

Today in rehearsal was one of those days...

We're getting to the end of the second act of SAVING AIMEE, and we have made a number of changes to the dramatic arc of the show. They are all the right choices, but there was something about that climatic moment that just wasn’t working. I knew we were close but not quite there.

I ended up sending the company home so I could work with Kathie, Christopher, and Michael. I had an image. But to make it come to life, I had to piece together some dramatic moments and play them out for myself. Now, if anyone were to walk into the room, seeing me jumping around, trying this and this, they might have put me in the looney bin. But that jumping around cracked the nut! We found the solution - it made such dramatic sense, bringing a new level to the finale of the show.

There is fine tuning still to be done, but overall, it’s a thrilling ending. We're hitting all the marks and its very exciting!

-ES

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home